Coconut chutney is very common among all the chutneys and is prepared mostly by everyone. This coconut chutney can be prepared in two versions – with green chilies and with red chilies.
Coconut Chutney with Green chilles
Coconut Chutney with Red Chillies
- Coconut – ½ no (If Desigated Coconut – 1 cup)
- Green chillies – 2 nos or Red chillies – 5 nos
- Roasted gram – 1 tbsp
- Tamarind – little for taste
- Garlic – 2 cloves
- Mustard – ½ tsp
- Split Blackgram – ½ tsp
- Cut the coconut into small pieces or grate the coconut with coconut shredder.
- Take coconut, tamarind, salt, green chillies or red chillies, roasted gram, tamarind and garlic in a mixer and grind it to a paste.
- Heat oil in tadka, add in mustard, black gram, curry leaves. Wait till it crackle.
- Transfer coconut paste to a bowl and pour the seasoning to it.
Serve with Idli, dosa, vada, uppma and so on. We can also store it for a day in refrigerator.
Chutney / Dips
Chutney is mainly associated with South Indian cuisine that usually contain some mixture of spices, vegetables or fruits or herbs. They may be dry or wet, also taste either sweet or hot . They are served with food to add flavour. They are of different types.
If you find the post interesting, do encourage me by your follow, likes, shares and valuable comments on: Facebook – Madraasi, Twitter – ImMadraasi, Google+ – ImMadraasi, Instagram- ImMadraasi, Tumblr – ImMadraasi, Pinterest – ImMadraasi
- Tomato – 2 nos
- Big Onion – 2 nos
- Red chillies – 4 nos
- Garlic – 3 cloves
- Gingelly oil – 2tbsp
- Curry leaves.
- Chop onions and tomatoes into medium pieces.
- In a mixture take onions, tomatoes, red chillies, garlic, salt and grind them to a smooth paste.
- Heat oil in a pan. Put mustard, broken black gram and curryleaves. Wait till it splutters.
- Pour the ground one to the pan and stir every noe and then for about 5 to 10 minutes. Till the raw smell goes.
Serve hot with Idli or Dosa or Vada.