Paneer Egg Bhurji is a very delicious, soft and melt in mouth dish that can be served as breakfast, tea-time snack and can also be used as stuff for sandwich. I like both Egg bhurji and Panner Bhurji, and thought giving a try by combing both these and this resulted in this yummy Paneer Egg Bhurji. Bhurji means scramble and Kothu in tamil, scrambling gives a delicious taste when done perfectly with no sticky consistency. Paneer Egg Bhurji is known as Panner Muttai Kothu.
Click here to know How to make Paneer at home.
Also, Paneer Egg Bhurji goes out well as side dish for lunch and tastes delicious when served with tangy vegetable or puzhi kuzhambu.
Paneer Egg Bhurji is not only a delicious dish but a healthy dish that can be prepared in minutes. Paneer Egg Bhurji can be packed in lunch box, and I am sure the box would be emptied in minutes by kids. Give a try…
CLICK HERE for more Breakfast recipes.
- Grated Paneer / துருவிய பன்னீர் – 2 cups
- Eggs / மூட்டை– 3 nos
- Onion / வெங்காயம்– 1 no
- Curry leaves / கறிவேப்பிலை– a sprig
- Mustard seeds / கடுகு – ¼ tsp
- Split Black gram / Split Black lentils உடைத்த உளுந்தம் பருப்பு – ½ tsp
- Cumin powder / சீரக தூள் – ½ tsp
- Black pepper powder / மிளகு தூள்– 1 tsp
- Salt / உப்பு – ¾ tsp
- Oil / எண்ணெய் – 2 tsp
- Peel and finely chop the onions into pieces, keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a heavy bottomed vessel, add mustard seeds, split black lentils and curry leaves, wait until they crackle.
- Add the onions and cook until they start turning golden brown.
- Add the grated paneer, cook for few mins.
- Break in the eggs, one by one, start scrambling them.
- Add in the cumin powder, black pepper powder and salt, keep on scrambling them until they become dry.
- Remove it from fire.
Serve hot for breakfast, or for lunch or as a tea-time snack.