Prawn Roast / Eral Varuval is a dish where the prawn / shrimp is cooked crispy and crunchy outside and soft and juicy inside. I use to prepare this Prawn Roast / Eral Varuval very often at home, as it takes just 20 mins on the whole, this can be prepared for lunch box or even in a hurry burry.
CLICK HERE for more Seafood recipes.
Prawn Roast / Eral varuval goes out well with rasam and steamed rice, Dal curry or paruppu kulambu and steamed rice or Mor Kulambu / Buttermilk curry and steamed rice. Give a try and share the feedback…
Takiing this to Fiesta Friday #211 hosted by Angie@the novicegarderner.
- Prawns / Shrimp / இரால் – ½ kg
- Red chilli powder / மிளகாய் பொடி – 1 ¼ tsp
- Coriander powder / மல்லி பொடி – 2 tsp
- Cumin powder / சீரக தூள் – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder / மஞ்சள் தூள் – ¼ tsp
- Curry leaves / கறிவேப்பிலை – a sprig
- Onion / வெங்காயம் – ½ no (medium size)
- Garlic / பூண்டு – 4 cloves
- Coriander stalks / மல்லி தழை – 3 nos
- Salt / உப்பு – ½ tso
- Oil / எண்ணெய் – 2 tsp
- Clean and wash the prawns.
- Take all the spice powders together in a wide mouth bowl along with salt.
- Add the prawns / shrimp to the bowl, and mix it well. Let it rest for 15 mins
- Meanwhile, peel and finely chop the onion, garlic and coriander stalks, keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan / tawa, add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, fenugreek and curry leaves, wait until they crackle.
- Add the marinated prawns along with the marinate.
- Cover and cook in medium flame for 3 mins.
- Remove the lid, turn the sides of the prawns, cover the lid and cook in medium flame for another 4 mins.
- Remove the lid and cook in medium flame until the prawns become dry.
- Sprinkle coriander leaves, remove it from fire.
Serve hot. Goes out well as a side dish with steamed rice and any vegetarian curry (kulambu).