Coorg chicken curry was found in Coorg, one of the hill station in karnataka, India. Coorg or Kodagu is chiefly populated by its native ethnic group the Kodavas. Coorg is well known for its pepper and coffee plantation. Its mainly known for pork in Karnataka. Actually this dish goes good with pork.
- Chicken – ½ Kg ,
- Red chillies – 7 nos
- Coriander seeds – 2 tbsp
- Cumin seeds – 1 tbsp
- Pepper – 1 tbsp
- Methi seeds(Fenugreek) – ½ tsp
- Garlic – 3 cloves
- Ginger – taste
- Curryleaves – a hand full
- Big Onion – 2 nos(Chopped)
- Redchilli powder – 1tsp
- Salt – for taste
- Oil – 2tbsp
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp.
- Boil chicken with redchilli powder, turmeric powder, salt, onion.
- Dry roast redchillies, coriander seeds, cumin seeds, pepper, methi seeds, garlic, ginger, curry leaves (should not turn brown).
- Coarsely grind the roasted once.
- Separate the chicken and stock.
- Heat oil in a non-stick kadai. Put chicken and then the ground powder. Stir it for abt 5 mins.
- Add the chicken stock to it. Wait till the oil separates.
- Garnish and serve hot.
Serve hot with Rice or Rotis.