- Lamb(Mutton) Bones – ¼ Kg
- Big Onion – 4 nos
- Tomato – 2 nos
- Green chillies – 2 nos
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Ghee – 2 tsp
- Mustard – ¼ tsp
- Methi seeds – ¼ tsp
- Cumin seeds – ¼ tsp
- Turmeric powder – a pinch
- Ginger-garlic paste – 2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tsp
- Wheat flour – ½ tbsp
- Marinate lamb bones with ginger-garlic paste and salt. Leave it for 10 mins.
- Finely chop onions and tomatoes, Slit g.chillies and then cut them into two pieces.
- Boil the lamb bones with onions, tomatoes, green chillies, turmeric powder. It should be half-boiled.
- Heat ghee and oil in a kadai. Put Mustard, Methi seeds and Cumin seeds. Wait till it splatter.
- Put Chilli powder, Coriander powder, salt and Wheat flour. Fry till the raw smell goes.
- Now pour the boiled lamb to it. Add a glass of water.
- Cover it with a lid. Stir it once for a while.
- Remove the lid when the lamb is cooked.
- Wait till the oil separates.
- Garnish and serve hot.
Serve hot with Idly, Dosa.
This dish goes well with few other spare parts of Lamb like Lamb Head, Lamb Bones and Lamb Leg.
Pingback: Fiery Lamb Rogan Josh | Cooking with Tony