- Chicken – ½ Kg
- Big Onion – 3 nos
- Tomato – 1 ½ nos
- Green Chillies – 2 nos
- Curry leaves
- Mustard – ¼ tsp
- Methi seeds – ¼ tsp
- Cumin seeds – ¼ tsp
- Anise – ¼ tsp
- Cloves – 3 nos
- Cinnamon – a bark
- Ginger-garlic paste – 1 tbsp
- Chilli powder – 1 ½ tsp
- Garam masala – ¼ tsp
- Pepper powder – 1 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Lime juice – half from one of the lime
- Cut the chicken into medium pieces. Half boil chicken with little turmeric powder, curry leaves and salt in a pressure cooker.
- Finely chop the onions and tomatoes. Slit the green chillies.
- Heat oil in a kadai. Put all the spieces one by one (Mustard, Methi seeds, Cumin seeds, Anise, Cloves, Cinnamon). Also put curry leaves.
- Now add onions, fry till it becomes golden brown. Then ginger-garlic paste and fry till the raw smell goes.
- Add tomatoes. Stir till it becomes pulpy.
- Put Chilli powder, Coriander powder, Turmeric powder, Garam masala, salt and fry for a minute.
- Separate chicken and the stock. Put the chicken if needed pour little of the stock to it. Wait till its cooked.
- When the oil starts floating, sprinkle Pepper powder and lime juice . Stir it for a minute.
- Garnish with coriander. Serve hot.
This recipe goes well with rice and rasam.