This is an South Indian Mutton curry, Which I make very often. It’s an authentic Andhra style recipe with a great flavor. This goes well with rice and dosa. It takes few minutes to be cooked.
Usually Mutton / Lamb is prepared in spicy in most of villages around Tamil Nadu, but Andhra cuisine is special for its spiciness and so I have prepared this lamb curry / mutton kulambu as the spicy version.
- Mutton – 1 Kg
- Potatoes – 2 nos
- Curd – ¾ cup
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tbsp
- Coriander powder – 2 tsp
- Garam masala powder – ¼ tsp
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
- Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Cumin powder – ½ tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil – 3tbsp
- Big Onions – 2 nos
- Green Chillies – 3 nos
- Cardomoms – 2
- Cloves – 5
- Cinnamon – a bark
- Coriander leaves
Marinate mutton in curd, ginger-garlic paste, coriander powder, chilli powder, turmeric powder, cumin powder and salt. Keep it aside for half an hour.
- Finely chop the onions and slit the green chillies.
- Peel and chop the potatoes into big pieces.
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker. Add cardamoms, cloves, cinnamon and sauté for few minutes.
- Add onions and green chillies and sauté till the onions turn transparent.
- Add the mutton along with marinate mixture, potatoes and mix well.
- Cook mutton in its own water under medium heat, until the oil separates.
- Add water, cover the lid and pressure cook till the mutton is soft.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.