Cookies for Christmas season.
- All purpose flour – 250 gm
- Baking powder – 1/4 tsp
- Salt – 1/4 tsp
- Cocoa powder – 2 tbsp
- Castor sugar – 130 gm
- Egg – 1 (whisked)
- Vanilla essence – 1 tsp
- Butter melted – 130 gm
- Sift cocoa powder, flour, sugar, baking powder and salt together.
- Beat egg and vanilla essence. Add this to the flour.
- Add melted butter and knead into smooth, soft dough.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
- Divide the dough into two halves.
- Roll dough to about 3/16 inch thickness and cut into desired shapes.
- Grease the tray.
- Place the cut cookies on a baking sheet and bake for about seven to eight minutes.
- Cool and decorate as desired.
Tip : Instead of egg, we could use 150 gm of butter.
- Icing sugar – 200 gm
- Egg White – 1 no
- Lime juice – 1 tbsp
Sieve Icing sugar. Mix all the ingredients, beat with hand beater. Beat until it coat the backside of the spoon. Spread it over the cookies.
Now Spread the icing on the cookies and decorate. I just have sprinked cocoa powder on few of them and have dropped Nutella(hazelnut spread) for eyes and then Kissan Mixed Fruit Jam for smile.