Mushroom Gravy is a tasty dish that makes a great combination for any Indian roti and rice. Mushrooms provide a lot of vital nutrients and antioxidants that help reduce high blood pressure and protect cells from damage. They are low in calories and helps to reduce weight.
- Mushrooms – 4 cups
- Onions – 1 cup
- Tomatoes – 1 ¼ cups
- Cardamom pods – 2 nos
- Red Chillies – 2 nos
- Curry leaves
- Ginger-garlic – 2 tsp
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
- Coriander powder – 2 tsp
- Garam masala – 1 tsp
- Red Chilli powder – 2 tsp
- Oil – 4 tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Fennel seeds – 1 tsp
- Coconut(shredded) – ½ cup
- Clean Mushroom and cut into small pieced.
- Finely chop onions and tomatoes.
- Grind the cumin, coconut,saunf to fine paste and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a kadai. Add the cinnamon, cloves and cardamom, fry for few seconds.
- Add red chillies, ginger-garlic paste and fry till the smell goes.
- Add tomatoes, turmeric powder, chilli powder, coriander powder, garam masala, salt. Fry till the raw smell goes.
- Add the coconut paste with 1 ½ cups of water, after the raw smell goes add mushrooms and salt.
- Cover and cook in medium flame for about 8 to 10 mins, until the mushroom is tender and the gravy thickens.
- Garnish with coriander and serve hot.