Soya chunks so called as Vegetarian meat. I love this a lot, it has been the substitute for chicken and meat. Being a non-vegetarian, I just wondered what to cook with this, since I knew very few recipes related to this. When I tried this it taste delicious and started collecting recipes with soyachunks. Here is one of the recipe, what I have experimented and felt delicious, so about to share with you.
How to cook Soya chunks:
Take lots of water in a sauce pan and bring it to boil. Once it comes to a good boil, add soya chunks and switch off the flame. Cover with a lid and let it rest for 15 mins by which the soya would have doubled the size. Now pour this over colander and rinse with lots of water. Squeeze off the excess water with your hands and set it aside.
Soya and green peas kurma
- Soya Chunks – 3 cups (cooked)
- Green peas – 1 cup(boiled)
- Big Onion – 2 nos
- Tomato – 1 ½ nos
- Green chillies – 1 nos
- Cardomom – 2 pods
- Cloves – 3 nos
- Cinnamon – little
- Sugar – 1 tsp
- Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Coconut(shredded) – ½ cup
- Poppy seeds – 2 tsp
- Fennel (Anise) – 2tsp
- Chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Ginger- garlic paste – 1 ½ tsp
- Coriander powder – 2 tsp
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Coriander leaves – little
- Milk – ½ cup
- Cornflour powder – 2 tsp
- Finely chop onions, tomatoes, soya chunks and slit the green chilly into two halves.
- Heat oil in a kadai. Add cardamom, cloves, cinnamon, mustard, cumin seeds. Wait till it sizzle.
- Add ginger- garlic paste and onion, fry it for 5 mins. Add turmeric powder, Chilli powder, Coriander powder, salt. Saute till the raw smell goes.
- Add tomatoes, sauté for 5 mins. Cover with the lid, wait till the oil separates.
- Grind coconut, fennel and poppy seeds together to a fine paste.
- Mix milk with cornflour and keep it aside.
- Add soya chunks and green peas, stir it for about 5 mins.
- Add the ground masala and stir it for 5 mins, add a cup of water and cover with the lid.
- When its boiled add stir and pour the milk.
- Stir it for a minute and wait till it boil.
- Wait till the gravy thickens. Garnish with coriander leaves
This dish goes out well with rotis.