Sura Puttu or Shark Bhurji is an great feast for seafood lovers. It is very delicate and aromatic in flavors. It’s been my kids favourite dish, because it comes without bones.
Shark Burji / Sura Puttu
- Shark – 1/2 kg
- Shallots (Sambhar onion) – 20 nos
- Green chillies – 4 nos
- Cumin powder – 2 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Pepper powder – ¼ tsp
- Curry leaves – 2 strands
- Oil – 3 tsp
- Mustard – 1/4 tsp
- Split black gram – 1/4 tsp
Tempered and getting done with onion
Shark pieces getting boiled
With crumbled fish pieces
Shark Burji / Sura Puttu
- Finely chop the onions and green chillies.
- Boil the fish with salt and turmeric powder.
- After it’s done, Strain it and the crumble the fish, pulling out the bones.
- Heat oil in a kadai. Add mustard, black gram, curry leaves and green chillies, wait till it crackle.
- Add onion and sauté till it turns golden brown.
- Add the crumbled fish, cumin powder, pepper powder.
- Saute every now and then, for about 10 – 15 mins.
Serve hot. Goes well with rice and pulikulambu (vegetables cooked in tamarind sauce).
Note: This recipe has a very special and delicious taste when tried with shark. But you can also try it with any fish with less bones.
Indian curries are incomplete without GARLIC – a simple ingredients with packed benefits. It is very strong and bitter but adds unbelievable flavor to the cuisine. It is used as a medicine to prevent or treat various diseases and conditions. It is well known for its antibacterial and antiviral properties. It helps in digestion.
- Chicken – ½ kg
- Garlic – 20 – 25 cloves.
- Ginger – 5 gm
- Big onion – 2 nos
- Green chillies – 3 nos
- Tomatoes – 2 nos
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
- Cumin powder – 1 tsp
- Garam masala – ½ tsp
- Curry leaves – 1 strand
- Cloves – 3 nos
- Cinnamon – a bark
- Coriander leaves – a hand full
- Slice the onion and green chillies into thin pieces.
- Grind tomatoes to paste.
- Crush garlic and ginger.
- Heat oil in a pan. Put cloves and cinnamon.
- Add onion and sauté till it become transparent.
- Add garlic, ginger and green chillies and sauté till the raw smell goes.
- Add tomato pulp and stir it till the raw smell goes.
- Put turmeric powder, cumin powder ,garam masala and sauté till it blends well.
- Add chicken and salt. Cover it with the lid. Stir it every now and then.
- Wait till the oil seperates and it becomes dry.
- Garnish with coriander.
Serve hot with rice, dosa and roti’s.
What is my mind doing forgetting things or working?????????????
Yesterday had a very good dinner, even felt very sleepy. But there was something disturbing my sleep that I left some important work undone, woke up once in a while and then again slept. All of a sudden, remembered and hurried out from the bed. Rushing to the laundry basket, searching my daughter’s uniform. Ayyo I never dried the uniform yesterday, suddenly took the hair dryer and was blowing air. Aahhaa uniform got dried and I too escaped from my daughter and husband. Feeling better even after a forgetting things my presence of mind works.