Indian curries are incomplete without GARLIC – a simple ingredients with packed benefits. It is very strong and bitter but adds unbelievable flavor to the cuisine. It is used as a medicine to prevent or treat various diseases and conditions. It is well known for its antibacterial and antiviral properties. It helps in digestion.
- Chicken – ½ kg
- Garlic – 20 – 25 cloves.
- Ginger – 5 gm
- Big onion – 2 nos
- Green chillies – 3 nos
- Tomatoes – 2 nos
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
- Cumin powder – 1 tsp
- Garam masala – ½ tsp
- Curry leaves – 1 strand
- Cloves – 3 nos
- Cinnamon – a bark
- Coriander leaves – a hand full
- Slice the onion and green chillies into thin pieces.
- Grind tomatoes to paste.
- Crush garlic and ginger.
- Heat oil in a pan. Put cloves and cinnamon.
- Add onion and sauté till it become transparent.
- Add garlic, ginger and green chillies and sauté till the raw smell goes.
- Add tomato pulp and stir it till the raw smell goes.
- Put turmeric powder, cumin powder ,garam masala and sauté till it blends well.
- Add chicken and salt. Cover it with the lid. Stir it every now and then.
- Wait till the oil seperates and it becomes dry.
- Garnish with coriander.
Serve hot with rice, dosa and roti’s.