Sura Puttu or Shark Bhurji is an great feast for seafood lovers. It is very delicate and aromatic in flavors. It’s been my kids favourite dish, because it comes without bones. Sura Puttu / Scrambled Shark fish is one such healthy and delicious, prepared among all south Indian families. Kids would like this dish, as there is no bones in them. Also good for lactating mothers and kids. Goes out well with pulikulambu or any tangy vegetable curry.
CLICK HERE for more Seafood Recipes.
- Shark – 1/2 kg
- Shallots (Sambhar onion) – 20 nos
- Green chillies – 4 nos
- Cumin powder – 2 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Pepper powder – ¼ tsp
- Curry leaves – 2 strands
- Oil – 3 tsp
- Mustard – 1/4 tsp
- Split black gram – 1/4 tsp
Making of Sura puttu / Scrambled fish video –
- Finely chop the onions and green chillies.
- Boil the fish with salt and turmeric powder.
- After it’s done, Strain it and the crumble the fish, pulling out the bones.
- Heat oil in a kadai. Add mustard, black gram, curry leaves and green chillies, wait till it crackle.
- Add onion and sauté till it turns golden brown.
- Add the crumbled fish, cumin powder, pepper powder.
- Saute every now and then, for about 10 – 15 mins.
- Remove it from fire, once it’s scrambled well.
Serve hot. Goes well with rice and pulikulambu (vegetables cooked in tamarind sauce).
Note: This recipe has a very special and delicious taste when tried with shark. But you can also try it with any fish with less bones.