Payasam is one of the important dessert which is the must in all south Indian marriages and feast. I am the lover of Payasam, there are too many varieties of payasam. This Tapioca pearls / Javvarisi payasam is prepared commonly and love this one a lot. Let us move on to the recipe…
For my other kheer recipes, click here.
- Tapioca pearls / Javvarisi / Sago – ½ cup
- Cashew nuts– 10-15 nos
- Raisins – 8 -10 nos
- Sugar – 1 ¼ cup
- Milk – ½ litre
- Cardamom powder – ¼ tsp
- Cardamom pods – 3 nos
- Ghee/Clarified butter – 4 tbsp.
Making of Tapioca Pearls / Javvarisi Payasam —-
- Boil tapioca pearls in water in a heavy bottomed sauce pan, until its done or until turns transparent. If using pressure cook, tapioca pearls / javvarisi in water and wait for 3 whistles.
- Boil milk in a heavy bottomed kadai with ¼ litre of water.
- Add in the boiled tapioca pearls / javvarisi and stir every now and then for 10 mins.
- Add in the sugar and stir it well.
- Add in the cardamom powder and add 3 crushed cardamom pods.
- Heat ghee in a kadai. Add in the cashewnuts, stir it and wait till it start turning golden brown.
- Add raisins to it and wait till it increase in size.
- Pour it to the kheer and keep on stirring it for 5 mins.
- Transfer it to a bowl and serve hot.
Note: This can be kept in room temperature for 12 hrs and then refrigerate it and heat it while serving.