Coconut chutney is very common among all the chutneys and is prepared mostly by everyone. This coconut chutney can be prepared in two versions – with green chilies and with red chilies.
- Coconut – ½ no (If Desigated Coconut – 1 cup)
- Green chillies – 2 nos or Red chillies – 5 nos
- Roasted gram – 1 tbsp
- Tamarind – little for taste
- Garlic – 2 cloves
- Mustard – ½ tsp
- Split Blackgram – ½ tsp
- Cut the coconut into small pieces or grate the coconut with coconut shredder.
- Take coconut, tamarind, salt, green chillies or red chillies, roasted gram, tamarind and garlic in a mixer and grind it to a paste.
- Heat oil in tadka, add in mustard, black gram, curry leaves. Wait till it crackle.
- Transfer coconut paste to a bowl and pour the seasoning to it.
Serve with Idli, dosa, vada, uppma and so on. We can also store it for a day in refrigerator.