This chutney is very easy to prepare and served with idly, dosa, upma, curd rice, sambhar rice. Also it can be used as dip for samosas, cutley, papadam. Coriander can be used instead of mint for Coriander chutney.
- Mint – 1 bunch
- Urad dal or Blackgram – 2 tbsp
- Ginger – ½ inch piece
- Tamarind – little (1 pea sized)
- Red Chillies – 5 nos
- Oil – 2 tsp
- Garlic – 2 cloves
- Mustard – ¼ tsp
- Splitted blackgram – ¼ tsp
- Curry leaves – as strand
- Separate mint leaves from the stalk, wash them properly.
- Heat little oil in a kadai. Put blackgram, red chillies, ginger, tamarind, mint,garlic. Roast till blackgram turns golden brown and the raw smell leaves.
- Let it cool.
- Now grind all these together in a mixer by adding water.
- Heat gingelly oil in a pan. Put mustard, splitted blackgram and curryleaves.Let it crackle.
- Now pour the grounded chutney to it. Stir for about 5 minutes.