- Big Onion – 3 nos
- Tomato – 1 ½ nos
- Coriander – ¼ bunch
- Black gram or Urad dal – 2 tbsp
- Tamarind – little for taste
- Red Chillies – 5 nos
- Ginger – little for taste (1/4 inch)
- Curry leaves – a strand
- Garlic – 2 cloves
- Chop the onions length wise and chop the tomatoes into pieces.
- Heat a kadai. Put black gram, red chillies, ginger, tamarind and garlic. Let it cool.
- Heat oil in a kadai. Put onions, coriander and tomatoes, fry them till it turns transparent.
- Let it cool.
- Now grind the dry roast and again with them grind the onions and tomatoes with little salt.
- Again heat oil in a kadai. Put mustard, black gram and curry leaves, wait till it crackle.
- Now pour the grounded paste to it and stir for 5 mins.
Serve hot with Idli, Dosa, Vada, Bahaji.