This chutney is very rare done in particular place of South India. It’s very delicious and a rare recipe.
- Big onion – 2 nos.
- Coconut – ½ cup
- Split Red gram or Toor dal – 1 tbsp
- Mustard – 1 tsp
- Split Black gram or Urad dal – 1 tbsp
- Tamarind – a pea sized
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Garlic – 2 cloves
- Curry leaves – three strands
- Red chillies – 4 nos
- Chop onions and then make coconut into small pieces or use shredded coconut.
- Take onions, coconut, ½ tsp of mustard, split red gram, ½ tsp of black gram, tamarind, salt, garlic, red chilies, two strands of curry leaves in a mixer and grind it to a paste, by adding water little by little.
- Now pour the paste into a bowl and heat oil in a pan.
- Add mustard, blackgram and curryleaves to it. When it splatters, put paste into it.
- Add turmeric powder and stir gently for 5 minutes, till the oil separates.
Serve hot with Idli and dosa.