Poori goes well with this potato masala. Also this masala is used in masala dosa.
- Potato – ½ kg
- Big onions – 2 nos
- Tomato – 1 ½ nos
- Green chillies – 3 nos
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Curry leaves – a strand
- Mustard seeds – ¼ tsp
- Split blacklgram – ½ tsp
- Cumin/Jeera seeds – ¼ tsp
- Salt to taste.
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Boil the potatoes. Mash them and keep them aside.
- Heat oil in kadai. Put mustard, blackgram, curry leaves. Wait till it splutters.
- Put onions and green chiilies, fry till they become transparent.
- Put tomatoes and stir till it become mushy along with salt.
- Put the potatoes, turmeric powder, asafetida. Stir it well.
- Pout 2 cups of water and cover with the lid.
- Wait till the water evaporates and the gravy thickens.
Serve hot with poori.