- Cabbage – 1/4 kg
- Big onion – 1 no
- Tomato – 1 no
- Chilli powder – 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Curry leaves – a strand
- Mustard – 1/4 tsp
- Split blackgram – 1/4 tsp
- Salt to taste.
- Finely chop onions, tomatoes and cabbage into small pieces.
- Heat oil in a kadai.
- Put mustard, blackgram and curry leaves. Wait till it crackles.
- Put the onions and fry till it turns golden brown.
- Put the tomatoes. Fry till it become mushy.
- Put the cabbage and put chilli powder, turmeric powder, salt and fry it well.
- Pour a cup of water and cover with the lid. Wait till its cooked.
- Remove the lid and fry till it becomes dry.
Serve hot. Goes well with rice and any non-vegeterian curry.