Eating the plain rice everyday keeps boring, so I have tried in coconut milk. Nothing difficult usually rice are cooked with water, but here it’s cooked with both water and coconut milk. The cooking time is also very less and the way of cooking is very easy. This being rich in flavor, taste and appearance can be served at festivals or for guests.
- Thick Coconut milk – 1 ½ cup
- Water – 1 ½ cup
- Basmathi Rice – 2 cup
- Turmeric powder- ¼ tsp
- Ghee – 1 tbsp
- Cashew – 10 nos
- Raisins – 7 nos
- Bay leaf – 1 no
- Cardomom – 2 nos
- Cloves – 2 nos
- Cinnamon – ½ stick
- Salt to taste.
Making of Coconut Milk Rice / Thengai Paal Sadham –
- Wash the rice in water.
- Put the rice in rice cooker. Pour in the coconut milk, water, salt and turmeric powder and stir it well.
- In a tadka, heat ghee and put bay leaf, cardamom, cinnamon and cloves. Wait till thecolour changes.
- Put only the spices to the rice.
- Again heat the same ghee in tadka, put cashew and raisins. Wait till the colour changes.
- Pour with the dry fruits with ghee to the rice.
- Cover with the lid and let to cook.
Serve hot. This goes out well with any spicy and hot curries. I have accompanied with Spicy yogurt chicken curry.