A colourful rice recipe for everyone. It’s PULAV which is cooked with varieties of vegetables, but I have used carrots, green peas and potatoes. But you can also use French beans and cauliflower. Usually I prepare with regular oil, but when I prepared this with olive oil, the dish was enhanced with more flavor and aroma than ever.
Everyone in my home loved it, also I was happy to see my daughter’s lunch box came home empty. So even if it’s not the must give a try with olive oil. #JoinOliveOilRevolution.
Do check out my other vegetarian recipes in this link: https://madraasi.com/main-course/vegetarian/
- Basmathi Rice – 2 cup
- Big onion – 1 no
- Green peas – 50 gm
- Carrot – 50 gm
- Green chillies – 2 nos
- Bay leaf – 1 no
- Cardomom – 2 nos
- Cinnamon – 1 stick
- Cloves – 2 nos
- Ginger-garlic paste – 1 tbsp
- Olive Oil – 3 tsp
- Water – 3 ½ cups
- Wash rice. Slice onions and carrots lengthwise. Halve green chillies.
- Heat oil in kadai or pressure cooker, add in the bay leaf, cardamom, cloves and cinnamon and cook until the raw smell goes off.
- Add in green chillies, onions and ginger-garlic paste, cook until the onion starts turning golden brown or until the raw smell goes off.
- Add in the vegetables followed by little salt and cook for few min.
- Add in the rice and cook them for 3 mins.
- Pour in the water, sprinkle salt required for rice.
- Let it boil, pour in the lemon juice, cover with the lid and pressure-cook for 2 whistles.
- Remove the lid when the pressure subsides.
Serve hot with any vegetarian or non-vegetarian curry. I have accompanied it with spicy Shahi Egg curry.
Note: You can also use regular cooking oil instead of olive oil. But olive oil gives good flavor, aroma, taste, attractive color with loads of health benefits, especially reduces bad cholesterol helps in weight loss.