This chutney goes out well with Idli and dosa. My kids never like to eat veggies when they are made as curries or stir-fry, so to make them eat the vegetables. I have tried out a chutney with RidgeGourd. The sweetness of Ridge gourd and the spiciness of red chillies add a good taste to this chutney.
- Ridge Gourd – 2 nos
- Garlic – 5 cloves
- Tamarind – a pea sized
- Red chilies – 3 nos
- Black gram/Urad dal – 2 tbsp
- Asafoetida – a pinch
- Salt to taste
- Oil – 1 tsp
- Gingelly oil – 2 tsp
- Peel the skin and chop ridge gourd into small pieces.
- Dry roast blackgram, garlic, tamarind, asafetida.
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a kadai and fry the ridge gourd with salt.
- Grind the roasted ingredients.
- Again grind ridge gourd with this grounded ingredients.
- Put it in bowl.
- Heat gingelly oil in tadka. Put mustard, split blackgram and curry leaves. Wait till it crackle.
- Pour it to the grounded paste.
Serve hot with Idli and dosa.