Mushrooms are edible fungi which are grouped under vegetables. They are low in calories, fat-free, cholesterol-free and gluten-free. It’s been a good substitute of meat. Most important it helps in reducing one’s weight.
- Button mushroom – 200 gm
- Big onion – 2 nos
- Tomatoes – 2 nos
- Garlic – 5 cloves
- Ginger – 1 inch stick
- Curry leaves – a strand
- Garam masala – 1 tsp
- Chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Cumin powder – 2 tsp
- Mustard seeds – ¼ tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Coriander leaves – a handful
- Boil water in pan. Put mushroom in the pan for about 5 mins and drain the water.
- Finely chop onions and tomatoes into small pieces.
- Chop mushroom into desired size.
- Crush ginger and garlic.
- Heat oil in kadai. Put mustard, cumin seeds and curry leaves. Wait till they crackle.
- Put onions, ginger,garlic and fry till they turn golden brown.
- Put tomatoes and fry till they are mushy.
- Put the mushrooms and all the spice powder with salt.
- Sprinkle water and cover the lid. Stir in for every 5 mins.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
Serve hot with rice and rotis.
Note: Do not pour too much of water, because mushroom is rich in water.