Channa masala one of the yummiest dish made with channa for poori. It goes well with poori compared to all other dishes. Channa consumes time to get boil, so just soak channa overnight and it would save the time.
- Channa – 1 cup
- Big onion – 3 nos
- Tomato – 2 ½ nos
- Curry leaves
- Channa masala powder(available in all Indian stores) – 1 ½ tsp
- Salt for taste
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Mustard seeds – ¼ tsp
- Split black gram – ¼ tsp
- Cumin seeds- ¼ tsp
- Ginger-garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Garam masala(available in all Indian stores) – 1 tsp
- Coriander leaves – a handful for garnishing
- Pressure cook or boil the soaked channa with little salt.
- Chop onions and tomatoes.
- Grind onions and tomatoes separately and put them in a bowl.
- Once the channa is boiled. Heat oil in kadai.
- Put mustard, blackgram, cumin seeds and curry leaves. Wait till it crackles.
- Put the ginger-garlic paste and fry them till they turn to brown colour.
- Pour in the onion paste and fry them till they change colour. Do not pour water.
- Pour in tomato paste and fry them till the raw smell leaves.
- Put all the spice powders and fry them till the raw smell leaves out.
- Pour ½ cup of water and put salt. Wait till it boil.
- Pour the channa along with the boiled water. Cover with lid.
- Bring it to boil and wait till the water level reduces and the oil separates from the gravy
Serve hot with poori’s.