Egg curries are made in different forms, this is chettinad style. Some
thing which everyone in my house loved.
- Egg – 6 nos
- Big onion – 3 nos
- Red chillies – 4 nos
- Coconut – 1 tbsp
- Coriander seeds – 1 ½ tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Methi/Fenugreek seeds – ¼ tsp
- Anise – 1 tsp
- Cinnamon – ½ inch stick
- Cloves – 2 nos
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
- Mustard seeds – ¼ tsp
- Split blackgram – ¼ tsp
- Curry leaves – a strand
- Salt to taste
- Oil – 2 tsp
- Chop onion into pieces and chop one onion into small pieces.
- Dry roast red chillies, coriander seeds, cumin seeds, anise, methi, cinnamon, cloves and coconut.
- Let it cool and grind it to a paste.
- Heat oil in a kadai. Put mustard, blackgram and curry leaves. Let it crackle.
- Put onion and fry them till they become transclusent.
- Now pour in the grounded paste. Fry till the raw smell goes.
- Put turmeric powder and salt.
- Pour 2-3 cups of water and cover it with lid. Bring them to boil.
- Now break the eggs into the boiling curry. Cover with the lid. Do not stir in.
- Let it cook for 10 mins and the oil get separate.
- Wait till the curry gets thicken.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
Serve hot with rice.
Note: Here the consistency of the gravy iw very important, since more the water in gravy will never taste good.