This goes out well as side dish for rice and rotis. They have similar taste and texture to that of cabbage. It comes in purple and white colour. These are rich in vitamin and dietary fiber. It has zero cholestrol, so it’s good for loss of weight.
- Kohlrabies – 100 gm
- Carrot – 100 gm
- Green peas – 50 gm
- Big onion – 1 no
- Green chilli – 2 nos
- Split greengram dal / Moong dal – 2 tbsp
- Mustard seeds – ¼ tsp
- Split blackgram – ¼ tsp
- Cumin powder – 1 tsp
- Curry leaves – a strand
- Coconut – 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Cut the edges and peel the skin of the vegetables. Grate these vegetables.
- Finely chop onion and grate coconut.
- Boil split greengram dal with salt and mash them.
- Heat oil in a pan. Put mustard, blackgram and curry leaves and wait till them crackle.
- Put onionsand green chillies. Fry them till they become transparent.
- Put kohlrabies, carrot and green chillies. Also add cumin powder and fry them for about 10 mins.
- Pour in the boiled greengram dal and salt. Fry them for about 10 mins.
- Put the coconut and stir them well and fry for about 5 mins.
- Wait till it becomes dry.
Serve hot with rice and rotis.