This is a colourful and delicious gravy with potato and caulliflower. It goes out well with rice, chapathi and rotis.
- Cauliflower – ½ no
- Big onions – 2 nos
- Potato – 3 nos
- Coconut – 2 tbsp
- Cumin seeds – ¼ tsp
- Fennel/Anise – 1 tsp
- Poppy seeds – 1 tsp
- Ginger – 1 tsp
- Garlic – 5 cloves
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil – 2 tsp
- Mustard seeds – ¼ tsp
- Split blackgram – ¼ tsp
- Curry leaves – a strand
- Separate the cauliflower into small florets. Finely chop onions and cut each potato into four equal portions.
- Heat oil in a kadai. Put mustard, blackgram and curry leaves. Wait till it crackle.
- Put the onions and fry till they becom transparent.
- Grind coconut, fennel, garlic, ginger and poppy seeds together by adding little water to a fine paste.
- Pour in the paste and stir them till the raw smell goes off.
- Put all the spice powders and salt. Fry them till the raw smell goes off.
- Put in the cauliflower and potatoes. Fry them for a minute.
- Pour half cup of water and bring it to boil.
- Cover with lid and cook till the vegetables get cooked.
Serve hot with rice or chapathi or rotis.