This is one of the variety rice which is made easy with very few ingredients. It goes out well with curries which has spicy and hot in taste.
- Ghee/Clarified butter – 3 tbsp
- Long grain (Basmathi) rice – 2 ½ cups
- Bay leaf – 1 no
- Cardomom – 2 nos
- Cinnamon – a stick
- Cloves – 3 nos
- Star Anise – 1 no
- Cashew nuts – 7 nos
- Raisins – 5 nos
- Salt to taste.
- Rinse the rice in water for abt 2 to 3 times.
- Heat ghee in a pan or pressure cooker.
- Add all the spices one by one and wait till they get splutter.
- Now add the dry fruits and cook them for few mins, till the cashew turns golden brown.
- Add the rice and cook them for 5 mins.
- Pour 5 cups of water and allow it to boil.
- Pressure cook for 2 whistles.