Chicken cooked with pepper and cumin seeds, good for digestion and also the pepper in this gravy clears the throat. One of my all time favourite recipe.
- Chicken – ½ Kg
- Tomato – 2 nos
- Big onion – 2 nos
- Peppercorns – 2 tbsp
- Cumin seeds – 2 tbsp
- Anise/Fennel seeds – 2 tsp
- Garlic – 6 Cloves
- Ginger – ½ inch
- Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Curry leaves – a strand
- Finely chop onions and chop tomatoes.
- Dry roast and grind cumin seeds, peppercorns and anise seeds.
- Grind ginger-garlic to smooth paste.
- Heat oil in kadai. Put mustard, blackgram and curry leaves.
- Put ginger-garlic paste and fry till the smell goes off.
- Put onions and fry them till they turn golden brown.
- Put chicken, turmeric powder and salt. Fry till they turn golden brown.
- Put the ground powder and fry for abt 10 mins.
- Now pour ½ cup of water and then tomatoes.
- Cover with the lid till the chicken is cooked.
- Remove the lid and put in sim till the oil separates and floats on the top.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.