Beetroot halwa is one of my favourite halwa. This dish is made mostly on occasions or can be made immediately for the sudden visit of guest. It is very nutritious and healthy. Also excellent for kids those who are not fond of beetroots. It’s preparation is the same of carrot halwa but the only difference between these are taste and texture of beetroot halwa is moist.
- Beetroot – 3 nos (big)
- Sugar – 1 ½ cup
- Ghee – 3 tbsp
- Milk – ½ litre
- Cardamoms powder – 1 tsp
- Cashew nuts – 10 nos
- Rinse and grate the beetroots.
- Take the grated beetroots in a kadai. Pour in the milk.
- Mix them together and allow it to boil.
- Simmer the stove when the beetroots are cooked.
- Add in ghee and sugar when the milk reduces to 90% of its original quantity.
- Stir every now and them.
- Put cashew nuts to it and stir them.
- Stir continuously, until the milk gets evaporate and the ghee comes out.
Serve hot or refrigerate it when it comes to room temperature and serve chillied.