Garlic is packed with antioxiadants and is very good for health. It helps to lower cholesterol. It is considered to be effective at preventing and treating the common cold. Garlic has innumerable health benefits. So I have planned to use garlic atleast once in a week.
- Garlic (peeled) – 15 cloves
- Tomato (big size) – 1 no
- Tamarind – a pea sized
- Red chillies – 6 nos
- Curry leaves – two strands
- Mustard seeds – ¼ tsp
- Split blackgram – ¼ tsp
- Salt to taste
- Heat kadai. Dry red chillies and let it cool.
- In the same kadai, pour 1 tsp of oil and fry garlic till golden brown. Let it cool.
- Then fry tamarind and curry leaves. Let it cool.
- Now fry tomato all the sides till the colour of the skin changes. Let it cool.
- Now grind all these together to a smooth paste with little water.
- Pour in a bowl.
- Heat oil in a kadai. Put mustard and blackgram wait till it crackle.
- Pour it to the chutney.
Serve hot with Idli and Dosa.