This dish is commonly done in the region of Kashmir of India. It has a wonderful blend of seet and spicy flavours. This masala paste is full of chillies and the delicious flavor of ginger and authentic spices and balanced with the crunch of cashew nuts and sweet fruitness of the raisins this is a delectable chicken dish.
- Chicken with bones – 1 Kg
- Red chilies – 7 nos
- Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Black pepper powder – ¾ tsp
- Cinnamon sticks – 1 stick
- Cloves – 5 nos
- Ginger – 1” piece
- Garlic – 30 cloves
- Onion – 2
- Cashew nuts – 15 nos
- Toamato – 2 nos
- Raisins – 1 tbsp
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Oil – 3 tbsp
- Clean the chicken pieces and marinate with turmeric powder and salt for about an hour.
- Soak cashew nuts in water for abt 15 mins/
- Peel and thinly slice the onions.
- Chop tomatoes into medium pieces.
- Grind ginger, garlic to fine paste.
- Grind the soaked cashewnuts to fine paste by adding little water.
- Grind the raisins to fine paste/
- Grind red chillies, mustard, cumin, black pepper powder, cinnamon and cloves to paste by adding little water.
- After an hour fry the chicken pieces in oil till they turn light brown and keep aside.
- Add sliced onions to the same oil and fry till brown. Add ginger garlic paste and fry till the raw smell goes off.
- Then add cashew nut paste and fry till the raw smell goes off.
- Add the ground masala and fry till the raw smell goes off.
- Add fried chicken pieces, tomatoes, ground raisins, salt and nough water and cook n medium heat until chicken I cooked and oil separates.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
Serve hot with rotis, chapathi, nan or rice.