After a wonderful preparation of Chocolate Banana cake. I have planned to dress up my cake, to add further more beauty and taste by choosing Ganache. Ganache is the frosting what I have done, which is the French term referring to a smooth mixture of chopped chocolate and heavy cream. When it is poured over the cake it produces smooth and shiny glaze, this is whipped to give a nice thick and spreadable frosting.
- Chocolate – 200 gms
- Cream – ¾ cup
- Unsalted butter – 1 tbsp
- Place the chopped chocolate in a stainless steel or heatproof bowl. Set aside.
- Heat cream and butter in a saucepan in medium heat.
- Bring to boil.
- Pout this to chocolate bowl and keep on stirring, until smooth.
- Allow to cool.
- When its cooled, beat until it becomes soft and fluffy.
- Spread on the top of the cake and garnish with banana slices.
Note: Ganache should be done only when the cake comes to room temperature.