This chicken curry is made of most commonly used ingredients which is available at all time (onions, tomatoes, ginger, garlic). So this dish is done all of sudden when there is a surprise visit of guests. This goes out well with Chapathi, Pulkha and rice.
- Chicken – ½ Kg
- Onions – 2 nos
- Tomatoes – 2 nos
- Curry leaves – 2 to 3 strands
- Ginger-garlic paste – 2 tsp
- Green chillies – 2 nos
- Fennel seeds – 2 tsp
- Chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Coriander powder – 2 tsp
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Pepper powder – ½ tsp
- Garam masala – 1 tsp
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Clean the chicken. Chop an onion and a tomato to big pieces.
- Take them in mixie jar along with two strands of curry leaves and fennel seeds.
- Grind them to a fine paste by adding little paste.
- Chop the leftover onion and tomatoes to fine pieces.
- Heat oil in a kadai. Put the onions, green chillies, ginger-garlic paste, curry leaves and fry them till the raw smell goes.
- Put tomatoes and fry them till they become mushy.
- Put chilli powder, turmeric powder, salt and fry till the raw smell goes off.
- Put the chicken, fry them for few mins.
- Pour in the grounded paste and fry them for few minutes.
- Pour in ½ cup of water and allow it to boil.
- Put pepper powder and garam masala and cover with the lid, wait till the chicken is cooked.
- Remove the chicken and put the flame in sim, till the oil floats on the top of the gravy.