- Duck – ½ kg
- Small onions/Shallots – 10 nos
- Big onion – 1 no
- Tomato – 1 no
- Ginger – 1 “ inch
- Garlic – 10 cloves
- Curry leaves – a strand
- Chilli powder – 2 tsp
- Coriander powder – 3 tsp
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil – 2 tsp
- Wash and clean the duck meat.
- Marinate it with chilli powder, coriander powder, salt and turmeric powder for half an hour.
- Pressure cook or boil the duck meat with water.
- Mix it well and set aside.
- Finely chop the onion and tomato. Crush ginger and garlic.
- Heat oil in kadai. Put mustard, split blackgram, methi seeds and curry leaves.
- Put ginger, garlic and fry them till the raw smell goes off.
- Put the shallots and onions. Fry them till they turn golden brown.
- Put the tomato and fry them till they become mushy.
- Now all the spice powders and salt. Fry them till the raw smell goes off.
- Pour the boiled meat and stir it well.
- Cover and cook for 15 mins.
- Remove the lid and put in low flame, till the oil separates and floats on the top.
Serve hot with rice, idli and dosa.
Note: Duck meat takes more time to get cooked than chicken.