- Black Sesame seeds/Ellu – 2 tbsp
- Grated coconut – 1 tbsp
- Blackgram/Urad dal – 1 tbsp
- Garlic – 5 cloves
- Tamarind – a pea sized
- Red chillies – 5 nos
- Salt to taste
- Gingelly oil – 1 tbsp
- Dry roast sesame/ellu seeds in low flame, be carefully it should be burnt.
- Remove from fire and cool it.
- Dry roast grated coconut, fry till it turns golden brown. Remove from fire.
- Dry roast blackgram, redchillies, garlic and tamarind. Wait till the raw smell goes off.
- Now grind all these together by adding water to a fine paste.
- Heat oil in kadai. Pur mustard, split blackgramand curry leaves.
- Wait till it crackle.
- Now pour the chutney to it and stir well for 5 mins.
Serve hot. It goes out well with all variety rices especially highlight with ulundu sadam, idli and dosa.