Badam or Almond milk is a soothing and wholesome drink made with Badam(Almnds) and milk, an excellent nourishing and healthy dink for kids. It is delicately flavoured with nuts, cardamom, rose essence. It’s one of mine and my grandfather’s most favourite drink. Whenever we had to eat outsidefor dinner we never miss this BADAM MILK. Dedicating this recipe for my grandfather, who is no more…
- Saffron – 5 to 6 strands
- Rose water – 3 drops
- Cardomom powder – ½ tsp
- Badam(Almonds) – 20 nos
- Milk – ½ litre
- Soak Badam in water for 2 hrs. Peel the skin and add to blender.
- Blend badam with little milk to a fine paste.
- Boil the leftover milk and add the badam paste to the milk and keep stirring for 15 mins.
- Add saffron to the boiling milk, mix well.
- Then add cardamom powder, rose essence and sugar. Stir well for 10 mins.
- Pour in a glass.
Before serving garnish them with chopped badam and a strand of saffron. You can serve this hot or chilled. When you need it chilled, refrigerate it for an hour.
Note: When you don’t have time to soak Badam for 2 hrs, boil the Badam in water for 15mins, let it cool and peel the skin.