Channar payesh is a delicious bengali dessert made with the combination of milk, paneer(cottage cheese), saffron and nuts. It’s done mostly on the festival time. It consumes little time, but worth spending time on this dish. Everything in this dish is rich like the look, the taste, the texture and the ingredients. This recipe cuts down the calories. It is also known as Paneer kheer or cottage cheese kheer. This was my attempt and also I came out very well.
CLICK HERE for more Payasam recipes.
- Panner (cottage cheese) – 100 gm
- Milk – ½ litre
- Saffron – 6 to 7 strands
- Condensed milk – 200 gm
- Cashewnuts – 15 nos
- Raisins – 10 nos
- Cardamom powder – ½ tsp
- Boil the milk and put it in sim. Let it reduce to 1/3 of the total quantity.
- Grate the panner.
- Chop or crush cashewnuts into small pieces.
- When 1/3 portion of milk gets reduced, keep the stove in sim.
- Pour in the condensed milk and stir it well for 5 mins.
- Put the grated panner and saffron. Stir it continously for about 10 mins.
- Stir till the milk starts to thickens. When it thickens, sprinkle cardamom powder and continue stirring for few mins.
- Put half of the cashew and raisins.
- Remove the pan from the fire. Transfer it to a bowl and refrigerate it.
Garnish with the leftover cashewnuts and raisins before serving.