Chilli baby corn is a semi dry dish. It has some moistness and there is no gravy, but the sauce coats the fried baby corns. Since its an indo-chinese recipe, it does have capsicum and green chillies. Its an lighter and healthier dish. It can be served with fried rice, noodles and Indian breads.
- Baby corn – 15 nos
- Maida / All purpose flour – ¼ cup
- Corn flour – ¼ cup
- Water – 3 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Pepper powder – 3 tsp
- Capsicum – 1 no
- Green chillies – 3 nos
- Big onion – 1 no
- Spring onions –5 to 6 strands
- Garlic – 8 cloves
- Ginger – 2” inch stick
- Celery – a handful
- Soya sauce – 1 ½ tbsp
- Oil – 1 ½ tbsp
- Sugar – 1 tsp
- White vinegar – ½ tsp
- Finely chop the capsicum.
- Rinse the baby corn in running water. Vertically slice them into two equal halves.
- Prepare the batter by mixing half the portion of corn powder, half the portion of maida, salt, black pepper and water. Keep aside.
- Heat 3 tbsp oil in a frying pan till the oil is medium hot.
- Dip each and every baby corn in the batter and coat it well. Fry them in the oil and wait till they turn golden brown.
- In the same pan, add 1 tbsp of oil.
- Add onion, garlic and ginger. Fry for about 2 mins. Add the green chillies. Stir and fry for 1 minute.
- Add capsicum and celery, fry for 2 mins.
- Reduce the flame, add soy sauce. Stir and then add water, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Increase the flame and allow the sauce to boil.
- Dissolve 1 tbsp of corn powder in 2 tbsp of water to smooth paste.
- Reduce the flame and add the corn starch. Keep on stirring while adding it.
- Be sure that no lumps are formed.
- Add vinegar and stir for a min. Then add the baby corn and allow the gravy to thicken.
Serve hot with fried rice, noodles and rotis.