Mushroom fried rice is very easy to prepare and is also common among kids. I made this Mushroom fried rice with the combination of Chilli Baby corn, which everyone loved. Particularly I packed for my daughter’s lunch, she loved it and the very first time she emptied the box next to curd rice :).
- Long grain (Basmathi) rice – 1 cup
- Mushrooms – 250 gms
- Garlic – 3 cloves
- Ginger – 2″ inch stick
- Big onion – 1 no
- Spring onions – 2 strands
- Celery or Coriander – a handful
- Soya sauce – 1 tbsp
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Ajinamoto – a pinch
- Pepper powder to taste
- Clean the rice in water and boil the rice in water with a tsp of oil. It should not be over cooked.
- Drain the rice and keep aside.
- Finely chop onins, spring onions, ginger, garlic and celery or coriander.
- Slit the green chillies.
- Clean the mushrooms and chop them to medium pieces.
- In a wok or kadai, heat the oil.
- Add garlic, ginger, onions and green chillies and fry them till the colour changes to golden brown.
- Now add the carrot and fry them.
- Put little salt and a pinch of Ajinamoto
- Add mushrooms and saute for 5 mins.
- Then add celery or coriander leaves and fry them.
- Now add soya sauce, black pepper powder and salt. Fry for few mins.
- Stir and gently add the rice. Stir fry the rice for 3 mins.
Garnish with spring onions. Serve hot with an Indo Chinese gravy. I have served it with Chilli baby corn. It can also be prepared with leftover rice.