A samosa is a fried pastry with savoury filling, such as potatoes, peas, carrots, onions, chicken, mutton, panner. They are a lovely snack for a cold day. This one of the most important Indian appetizer and street food, not only in India throughout the world. This can be baked or fried, but I love the fried ones.
- Samosa patti – 10 nos
- Green peas – a handful
- Big onion – 1 no
- Green chillies – 1 no
- Coriander leaves – a handful
- Garlic – 5 cloves
- Ginger – 1”inch stick
- Cumin seeds – ¼ tsp
- Cumin powder – 1 tsp
- Red chilli powder – ½ tsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tsp
- Garam masala – 1 ½ tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil for deep fry
- Boil potatoes and green peas.
- Finely chop onion, garlic, ginger and coriander leaves.
- Mash the boiled potatoes and green peas.
- Heat oil in a kadai. Put cumin seeds, wait till they crackle.
- Put onion, garlic, ginger, mashed veggies.
- Put all the spice powders and salt. Fry them all together.
- Now take the samosa patti and roll it to the cone shape and stuff them with the masalas.
- Heat oil in a kadai and fry them all one by one.
Serve hot with tomato sauce.