A fast and flavor-packed recipe to ward off those untimely hunger pangs! Rice tossed with the goodness of egg, the burst of garlic and few oriental flavours.
- Ginger – 3” inch stick
- Garlic – 10 Cloves
- Egg – 5 nos
- Red chilli flakes – 2 tsp
- Soya sauce – 2 tsp
- Ajinamoto – ¼ tsp
- Coriander leaves – a handful
- Spring onion – 5 strands
- Pepper powder – 2 tsp
- Steamed rice – 3 cups
- Salt to taste
- Oil -4 tsp
- Crush ginger and garlic. Finely chop spring onions and coriander.
- Beat the egg with salt.
- Heat oil in a kadai.
- Pour in the egg and fry them.
- Add ginger, garlic, red chillies and ajinamoto.
- Add the steamed rice and toss well.
- Add salt, pepper powder and soya sauce.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and spring onions.
- Stir them well and transfer to a bowl.
Serve hot with gravy. I accompanied this Garlic and Egg fried rice with Black Velvetty chicken and green sauce.