Cabbage pakoda or cabbage vada can be served with tea or coffee as snack in tea time. This can be prepared within few minutes, so this would be a perfect snack for surprise guests. No words for this snack when served along with tea or coffee on a rainy or cold days.
- Cabbage – ¼ kg
- Onions – 2 nos(medium sized)
- Green chillies – 2 nos
- Ginger-garlic paste – 1 tbsp
- Besan/Gram flour – 4 tbsp
- Rice flour – 1 tbsp
- Baking soda – 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Coriander leaves – 5 to 6 strands
- Curry leaves – 4 strand
- Oil for deep frying
- Finely chop cabbage and green chillies. Slice onions thinly length-wise.
- Finely chop coriander and curry leaves.
- In a bowl, take cabbage, onions, green chillies, coriander, curry leaves, ginger-garlic paste, besan, rice flour, baking soda, salt.
- Mix all these together by sprinkling water with hands.
- Heat oil in a kadai. Make these batter to small balls.
- Drop the balls into the oil and deep fry them.
Serve hot with tomato sauce or chutneys.