Carrot cake is made with grated carrot. I very often make carrot cake since my daughter is fond of it. Instead of sugar, you could substitute – Brown sugar which adds more taste and flavor to the cake. Since I made it all of a sudden I couldn’t get this Brown sugar.
- Maida / All purpose flour – 2 ½ cup
- Cardamom and nutmeg powder – 1 tsp
- Baking powder – 1 tsp
- Sugar – 2 cup
- Grated carrot – 1 cup
- Cooking soda – 1 tsp
- Vegetable oil / oil – 200 ml
- Eggs – 3 nos
- Sieve the flour, cooking soda, baking soda and cardamom powder.
- Grate the carrot.
- Beat eggs, sugar and vegetable oil in a bowl.
- Add the flour little by little and continue beating gently.
- Add the grated carrot and continue beating.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degree.
- Grease the tray and pour the cake batter.
- Bake it for 10 mins.
I have dressed up this cake with a Fudge frosting.