After finishing my carrot cake, I have been searching for icing. Finally came across fudge frosting, which was mouth watering. So decided to frost my cake.
- Butter – 3 to 5 tbsp
- Caster sugar – ¼ cup(55gm)
- Water -2 tbsp
- Icing sugar – 1 cup(120 gm)
- Cocoa powder – 2 tbsp
- In a pan, melt butter. Add caster sugar and water. Keep on stirring until sugar dissolves, it should not boil.
- Sift cocoa powder and icing sugar in a heat proof bowl.
- Pour in the hot mixture to the bowl and keep on stirring.
- Make sure no lumps are formed. Bring it to room temperature.
- Cover with the lid and place the bowl in refrigerator for about an hour, so that it would turn thick.
- Remove the bowl from the refrigerator and beat the frost with a spoon, so that it can be spread on the cake.