I use to prepare this chicken briyani, once in a while. Since my hubby loves a lot. I never wish to have briyani, but later after marriage when I come to know that my hubby’s favourite is Briyani. I started to cook Briyani and the most important I too started to love Briyani.
Also check out Biryani collections – CLICK HERE
- Chicken – ½ Kg
- Long grained (Basmathi) rice – 3 cups
- Onions – 2 ½ nos
- Tomato – 1 ½ nos
- Green chillies – 2 nos
- Coriander leaves – a bunch
- Mint leaves – a bunch
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Chilli powder – 1 ½ tsp
- Coriander powder – 2 ½ tsp
- Ghee – 1 tbsp
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Ginger – 6 cloves
- Garlic – 1 “inch stick
- Cloves – 3 nos
- Cinnamon – 1” inch stick
- Bay leaves – 2 nos
- Star anise – 2 nos
- Cardamom – 3 nos
- Lemon juice – 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
Making of Chicken Biryani – TamilNadu Style –
- Finely chop onions, tomatoes, coriander and mint leaves. Slit the green chillies.Crush ginger and garlic.
- Wash and soak the for about 10 mins in water.
- Heat oil and ghee in a heavy bottomed bowl.
- Add all the spices (cloves, cardamom, cinnamon, star anise and bay leaf), wait until it splutter for 5 mins.
- Add the green chillies, ginger and garlic, cook until the raw smell goes off.
- Add the coriander and mint leaves, cook until they turn dark green in color.
- Add the onions, cook until they turn transparent.
- Add the tomatoes and cook until they turn mushy.
- Add the chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder and salt, cook for a min or until the raw smell goes off.
- Add the chicken, cook for 2 mins.
- Add the rice, salt and pour water, give a gentle stir.
- Cover and cook or pressure cook for 2 whistles once the water starts boiling, by adding 3 drops of lemon juice.
- Release the lid when pressure releases or remove the lid when the rice is cooked.
- Give a stir and serve hot.
Serve hot with onion raita, gravy.
https://polldaddy.com/js/rating/rating.jsMaking chicken briyani Fr lunch today ….Thanks fr ur recipe..its easy ..i hope it cm out wel😊
Sure it will come out well. Share the feedback with picture.