My love towards sweet prepared with milk, spices and nuts never ends instead keeps on hunting for recipes and preparing them. Rabri is a sweet, condensed milk based dish made by boiling milk in low flame for long time, until it becomes dense and changes its colour. Sugar, spices, nuts are added to give flavour to this dessert. It can be served chilled as a dessert.
- Milk (full fat milk) – ½ litre
- Sugar – 3 tbsp
- Milk powder – 3 tbsp(optional)
- Cardamom powder – ½ tsp
- Saffron – few strands
- Rose essence – ½ tsp
- Pistachios – 10 nos
- Badam/Almonds – 10 nos
- In a broad, thick bottomed pan, boil ½ litre of milk.
- When it boils completely add milk powder, since reduces the cooking time of rabri. Else you will have to simmer the milk for few more minutes.
- Soak Pistachios and Badam in hot water for 10 mins. Peel them and crush them.
- Put the nuts, cardamom powder and saffron to the milk and keep stirring it.
- Remove the clotted cream/malai formed on the top of the milk and add it back to the milk. Also keep scraping the sides and add them back to the milk.
- Keep on simmering, stirring, scraping and removing the clotted cream, adding back them to the milk.
- Switch off the stove, when the milk got reduced and thickened.
- Add sugar and stir, till it gets dissolved.