One of the spare part from Lamb which everyone loves including kids. When you have this Brain masala, it melts like ice cream in mouth. Commonly I have a specific recipe, but this time I have tried a different recipe. It was very good than I expected. This can be served as side-dish or main dish for rice.
- Onions – 2 nos
- Ginger-garlic paste – 2 tsp
- Cumin seeds – 3 tsp
- Peppercorns – 3 tsp
- Chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Fennel seeds – 2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Mustard seeds – ¼ tsp
- Split blackgram – 1 tsp
- Curry leaves – a strand
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Finely chop onions to small pieces.
- Clean and cut the brain into medium sized pieces.
- Crush peppercorns, cumin seeds and fennel seeds.
- Heat oil in a kadai. Put mustard, blackgram and curry leaves. Wait till it crackle.
- Put onions and ginger-garlic paste. Fry them till they are transparent.
- Put the brain pieces, turmeric powder, chilli powder, salt, crushed peppercorns, cumin seeds and fennel seeds.
- Fry them for few mins. Cover and cook. Stir once in while.