Baby potatoes are potatoes which are removed from the soil before they are fully developed/grown. Because of this baby potatoes have a sweeter flavor. These are less in calories and naturally fat free.
- Baby Potatoes – ½ Kg
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
- Coriander powder – 2 tsp
- Chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Cumin powder – 1 tsp
- Oil – 3 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Mustard seeds – ¼ tsp
- Cumin seeds – ¼ tsp
- Curry leaves – a strand
- Pressure cook the baby potatoes for 2 whistles. It should be soft but not mushy and retain its shape.
- Peel the skin.
- Take all the spice powders in a bowl and marinate the potatoes for half an hour.
- Now heat oil in a kadai. Put mustard, cumin seeds and curry leaves, wait till they crackle.
- Put the marinated potatoes and stir in for few mins.
- Cover and cook on low flame, stir every now and then, till the potatoes are well roasted.
Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot. Goes out well with curd rice, Sambhar sadam, Lemon rice and so on.